Engineering Studies – P1 Fundamental Engineering – Graphics
This topic covers the purpose and importance of pictorial graphics in engineering. Methods of pictorial drawing, identifying advantages of various pictorial styles, the importance of AS1100 standards and applications of modern software for graphics are all key concepts for this topic.
- The purpose and applications of pictorial drawings.
- Oblique, isometric and perspective drawing techniques.
- Freehand sketching techniques.
- Emerging technologies.
- Describe situations that a pictorial technical drawing would be the best way to communicate.
- Why is communicating with graphics relevant?
- Name two types of pictorial styles.
- Discuss the features of a technical sketch that might make it different from a simple freehand drawing.
- Why are CAD drawings constructed in 3D pictorial mode?
- What is the purpose of the Australian Standards for Technical Drawing?
- Discuss the emerging technologies in graphics.
- Explain the technique for drawing an accurate isometric circle using freehand.