Engineering Studies – P2 Product Engineering – Electricity
This topic covers electrical generating devices. The concepts and components of electro/mechanical generators are the key concepts for this topic.
- Magnetic induction
- Components of a generator
- Methods of rotating generator shafts
- Describe magnetic induction?
- Explain how magnetic generation is practically applied to generate electricity.
- What are the components of an electrical generator?
- What is an alternator and what is an application of an alternator?
- What is electrical torque?
- What methods might be used to spin the generator shaft?
- What is the difference between a dynamo and an alternator?