Engineering Studies – H3 Aeronautical Engineering – Mechanical Analysis
This topic covers hydraulic systems. Their concepts, applications, advantages and disadvantages. The forces in simple systems are calculated.
- Hydraulics system principles – applications and calculations
- Fluid mechanics principles – pressure calculations
- Why are hydraulic systems used in aeronautical engineering?
- List applications of hydraulic systems in aeronautical situations.
- Define Pascal’s principle?
- What is the formula for pressure?
- What are the two formulas commonly used to calculate area?
- What does ‘fly-by-wire’ refer to?
- What is hydrostatic pressure and dynamic pressure?
- Explain how ‘pressure’ is used in an aircraft instrument such as an altimeter or pitot tube.
- Explain what the term ‘venturi effect’ describes.