Engineering Studies – H4 Telecommunication – Electricity
This topic covers the concept of transverse and longitudinal waves. Features such as describing wave length, frequency, amplitude and key concepts. The electromagnetic spectrum is highlighted in this topic.
- Wave types, energy transfer – including light waves and reflection
- Wave lengths, frequency and amplitude
- Mediums and propagation of waves
- Applications of waves
- The electromagnetic spectrum of waves
- Explain the difference between longitudinal and transverse waves.
- Discuss various properties of wave types such as water, sound, radio, and light.
- Explain the term ‘electromagnetic spectrum’.
- What are two features of a ‘wave’?
- Name 7 categories of waves on the spectrum based on wave length.