Engineering Studies – P1 Fundamental Engineering – Graphics
This topic covers the purpose and importance of orthogonal graphics in engineering. Third angle projection, drawing instruments, dimensioning and drawing standards are key concepts for this topic.
- Understanding the purpose and importance of orthogonal drawings in engineering
- Recognition of orthogonal types of drawing
- Applications of orthogonal graphics
- AS100 Standards – Dimensioning, Projection, Material Lists, Scale, Layout.
- Geometrical construction
- Explain the purposes of orthogonal drawings?
- Describe situations that an orthogonal drawings would be the best way to communicate.
- Explain the relevance of AS1100 Australian Drawing Standards.
- What are the differences between freehand and instrument drawing?
- What are line types?
- What is projection?
- What views are commonly drawn in orthogonal projection?
- What are viewing angles?
- Explain the 3rd Angle Drawing symbol.