Engineering Studies – P2 Product Engineering – Electricity
This topic covers the electrical concepts that are the basis of electrical motors. Key concepts include electro-magnetism, inductance, the components of an electric motor and specific applications for electric motor types.
- Turning electrical flow into rotational motion
- Inductance and electro-magnetism
- What is electrical inductance?
- What is an electro-magnet?
- Define an electric motor.
- What are the major components of an electric motor?
- What electrical safety precautions are designed into electrical motors?
- What is an electric phase in terms of single and three phase motors?
- Discuss applications for electric motors.