Engineering Studies – P3 Braking Systems – The Engineering Profession
This topic discusses the range and work of mechanical engineers and material engineers.
The engineering work related to the process of design, the selection of materials and the analysis of systems are key concepts. Future trends in engineering are investigated.
- The nature and range of work that a Mechanical engineer would perform
- The nature and range of work that a Materials engineer would perform
- Engineering research, documentation and communication
- Emerging trends in the Materials engineering profession
- Emerging trends in the Mechanical engineering profession
- What roles might a materials engineer perform before, during and after a project?
- What roles might a mechanical engineer perform before, during and after a project?
- Discuss how engineers might collect data for a project.
- How might that data be presented?
- Describe how engineers use the design process to develop engineering solutions.
- Discuss examples that highlight why teamwork is important in engineering.
- Explain the reasons why graphical communication is a key element in engineering.