Engineering Studies – P3 Braking Systems – Mechanical Analysis
This topic covers the concepts applied in hydraulic systems and pneumatic systems. Applications, advantages and disadvantages of both systems are explained. The forces in simple systems are calculated.
- Hydraulic system principles
- Pneumatic system principles
- Why are hydraulic systems important in engineering?
- List applications of hydraulic systems in engineering.
- Why are pneumatic systems important in engineering?
- List applications of pneumatic systems in engineering.
- What is ‘Pascals’ principle?
- What is used as the ‘fluid’ in pneumatic systems?
- Compare the pressure typically used in hydraulic systems and pneumatic systems.
- Explain the advantages of both hydraulic and pneumatic systems.
Historical steam supply, Sydney – Drum brake
Brake/master cylinder vacuum assist