Engineering Studies – P3 Braking Systems – Mechanical Analysis
This topic introduces the topic of friction and introduces the analysis of frictional forces. The key concepts are the ‘angle of repose’ and the ‘angle of static friction’.
- Frictional force on the inclined plane
- The ‘angle of repose’.
- The ‘angle of static’ friction
- Definition of ‘kinetic’ friction
- What is an inclined plane?
- What is the ‘Normal’ force?
- Define the ‘angle of repose’.
- Define the ‘angle of static friction’.