Engineering Studies – P4 Biomedical Engineering – The Engineering Profession
This topic discusses the roles of biomedical engineers and their typical responsibilities and skills. The importance of teamwork and highlighting Australian innovation and achievement in biomedical engineering are key concepts for this topic.
- The nature and range of work that a biomedical engineer would perform
- Engineering research, documentation and communication
- Emerging trends in the biomedical engineering profession
- The engineering design process and teamwork
- What might the roles be of a biomedical engineer before, during and after a project?
- Discuss how engineers might collect data for a project.
- How might data be presented?
- Describe how engineers use the design process to develop engineering solutions.
- Discuss examples that highlight why teamwork is important in engineering.