Engineering Studies – P4 Biomedical Engineering – Materials and Manufacturing
This topic introduces manufacturing methods used to shape metal products and the ways that metals can be joined.
- Methods of shaping metals
- Methods of joining metals
- Describe various shaping processes applicable to material types.
- Identify materials suitable for use in biomedical applications.
- Describe material properties for biomedical applications.
- Describe casting techniques used for biomedical materials.
- Describe moulding techniques used for biomedical materials.
- Describe joining techniques used for biomedical materials.
- Discuss technology advances in joining and shaping biomedical materials.