Engineering Studies – P4 Biomedical Engineering – Materials and Manufacturing
This topic introduces manufacturing methods used to shape ceramic materials and the ways that ceramics can be joined.
- Ceramics materials properties and structures
- Shaping ceramic materials
- Joining ceramic materials
- Explain why is the process used to shape a ceramic dependent on the shape required?
- List ways to shape a ceramic material.
- List ways to join a ceramic material.
- Describe examples of a biomedical application for a modern ceramic material that has significantly improved the performance of the item.