Engineering Studies – H1 Civil Engineering – The Engineering Profession
This topic discusses the roles of a structural engineer, the typical responsibilities and skills. The relevance of engineering analysis and the importance of teamwork are key concepts. Future trends in structural engineering are investigated.
- The nature and range of work that a Structural Engineer would perform
- Engineering research, documentation and communication
- Emerging trends in the engineering profession
- The engineering design process
- Teamwork in engineering
- What are the roles that a structural engineer might perform before, during and after a project?
- Describe the process of engineering research and communication.
- How might data be presented?
- Describe how engineers use the design process to develop engineering solutions.
- Discuss examples that highlight why teamwork is important in engineering.