Engineering Studies – H2 Transport Engineering – The Engineering Profession
The key concepts of this topic are the roles and responsibilities of engineers working in transport and electrical engineering.
Roles and Responsibilities
- The engineering design process.
- Teamwork in engineering.
Electrical Engineer / Transport Engineer
- The nature and range of work that an electrical engineer would perform.
- Engineering research, documentation and communication.
- Emerging trends in the electrical engineering profession.
- What are the roles of an electrical engineer before, during and after a project?
- Discuss how engineers might collect data for a project.
- How might data be presented?
- Describe how engineers use the design process to develop engineering solutions.
- Discuss examples that highlight why teamwork is important in engineering.