Engineering Studies – H2 Transport Engineering – The Engineering Profession
The key concepts of this topic are significant achievements of Australian engineering and the positive impacts of transport engineering.
- Recognizing Australian Engineering achievement and innovation
- Recognize developments in material, communication and manufacturing technology.
- The effects of the transport industry on peoples lives and the environment.
- Examples of engineering innovation in the transport industry.
- Name and describe examples of Australian engineering achievement in the transport industry.
- Explain how the engineering of transport systems has developed from existing designs.
- Detail particular materials applied in a current product that would not have been available to the engineer 30 years ago.
- Nominate technologies present in modern transport industry products that were not present 30 years ago.
- Discuss the impacts that the transport industry has had on people’s lives.
- Discuss examples of product recycling and sustainability in the transport industry.
- Discuss an innovation in material application in a transport product.
- Describe an example of an innovation in transport packaging.
- Nominate future trends in the transport industry.