Engineering Studies – H2 Transport Engineering – Materials and Manufacturing
This topic covers metal shaping process. The key concept is the relationship between a process, the shape produced, and the type of material that is appropriate for the shaping method. The keys steps in each shaping/forming process need to be identified.
- Identification of common processes
- Applications of common processes
- Describing common processes.
- Discuss reasons why various shaping processes are required.
- Name several common shaping processes and describe a common product produced by each process.
- What are some criteria that would be used when deciding on the most appropriate shaping process?
- Describe the process of:
- Casting – molten and powder
- Powder forming
- Explain the terms: