Engineering Studies – H3 Aeronautical Engineering – Graphics
This topic covers the techniques used to produce true shape patterns for transition pieces. The key concepts include applications of true lengths in construction developments using triangulation.
- The concept of shape development
- The process of constructing true shape developments
- Applications of transition pieces
- What does the term ‘transition piece’ mean in graphics?
- What does the term ‘triangulation’ mean in graphics?
- What is the purpose of developing true shapes of transition pieces?
- Explain how a 3D shape can be developed as a true shape in 2D.
- What is the statement that describes when a shape will be seen as a true shape in an orthogonal view?