Engineering Studies – H3 Aeronautical Engineering – Graphics
This topic reviews the graphical methods of representing objects in both pictorial and orthogonal views. It covers freehand techniques, scaled orthogonal drawings, and applying Australian Standards AS1100.
- Graphical communication using orthogonal projection
- The importance of Australian Standards AS1100 for graphics, including:
- Sectioning and section line types
- Threads representation in a sectioned drawing
- Projection of auxiliary views
- Applications of graphics including AR, VR and CAM
- What are applications for using graphics as a communication tool?
- Name examples of AS1100 standards that apply to:
- An orthogonal drawing?
- A pictorial drawing?
- Why is freehand sketching with ‘to scale’ proportions important and in what ways does an engineer use freehand sketching?