Engineering Studies – H4 Telecommunication Engineering – Electricity
This topic is concerned with data management systems. Techniques to transmit, to compress, and to encrypt are key concepts. The concept of error correction in signals is outlined.
- Error correction
- Data compression
- Data encryption
- Data ‘packetisation’
- Why might errors occur in data when the data is transmitted?
- How might data errors be detected?
- How might data errors be minimised?
- Why is data compression an essential feature of communication?
- Explain examples of data compression techniques.
- What is encryption and why is it necessary?
- Why is data often transmitted in ‘packets’?