Engineering Studies – P1 Fundamental Engineering – The Engineering Profession
This topic introduces students to the history of Australian engineering. Impacts of Australian engineering and examples of Australian achievement and innovation in engineering are identified and discussed. Examples could highlight developments in materials, manufacturing, communication, testing and applications of technology.
- Recognize Australian engineering achievement and innovation
- Recognize developments in material, communication and manufacturing technology
- The changes on people’s lives that have been achieved through engineering
- Knowledge and understanding of the impacts technology developments have on peoples lives
- Identifying examples of Australian engineering innovation and achievement
- Name significant Australian engineering achievements in the past 30 years.
- Discuss examples of the change in materials and manufacturing techniques over time.
- Discuss examples of technology now used in the designing of products.
- Discuss developments in the technical communication of designs.
- Detail particular materials applied in a current product that would not have been available to the engineer 30 years ago.
- Nominate technologies in modern products that were not present 30 years ago.
- List significant technological developments in engineering, and provide key points that demonstrate the impact of that development on society.
- List significant impacts on people’s lives achieved in Australia by engineering projects in areas such as:
- Electricity supply
- Water supply
- Production methods
- Discuss the affect that engineering has had on:
- Cultural Awareness
- The Environment