Engineering Studies – P2 Product Engineering – Graphics
This topic covers the purpose and importance of orthogonal graphics in engineering. Dimensioning and AS1100 drawing standards are key concepts for this topic.
- Applications of orthogonal projection
- AS1100 – dimensioning – linear, diameters, radii
- Drawing electrical circuits and component symbols
- Describe orthogonal graphics applications in product development.
- Describe situations that freehand orthogonal drawing is useful?
- Why are AS1100 standards relevant when dimensioning an orthogonal view?
- Describe examples of AS1100 standards that apply to dimensioning.
- Name examples of geometric construction?
- Discuss the concept of drawing electrical circuits using AS1100 Standards.
- Explain why standard symbols are essential in communication.
- Describe situations where variation of symbol standards might be evident.