Students Learn About
- building mechatronic components
- programming logic
- writing macros
- fault finding
Students Learn To
- build mechatronic components using a variety of electrical and mechanical componentry
- use a range of equipment to carry out experiments and construct projects in relation to mechatronic systems
- use a programming language to control mechatronic devices
- write macros to complete a variety of operations involving mechatronics
Sphero SPRK STEM Challenges
From polygons to percentages, CORE lessons explore the principals of math and science through programming. SPRK begins with MacroLab - a visual programming app. After completing 5 MacroLab lessons, students will be ready to take on lessons in OrbBasic - utilising a powerful app for text-based programming.
Mechatronics Resource Folio
This resource folio has some good materials that could be adapted to any mechatronics unit for iSTEM. Note references Lego Mindstorms NXT.
Mechatronics E-Portfolio for Accompanying Resource Folio
This E-Portfolio for the accompanying resource folio has some good materials that could be adapted to any mechatronics unit for iSTEM. Note references Lego Mindstorms NXT.