Engineering Studies – P3 Braking Systems – Mechanical Analysis
This topic investigates the topic of work, power and energy. Concepts such as kinetic energy and potential energy are covered. The principle of ‘conservation of energy’ is a key concept.
- Work – definition, units
- Power – definition, units
- Energy – definition, units, types of energy, conservation of energy principle
- Define work.
- What is the unit for work?
- Explain the concept that without movement, no work is done.
- Define energy.
- What is the unit for energy?
- What is kinetic energy?
- What is potential energy?
- Explain the concept of ‘conservation of energy’.
- Explain why both energy and work have the same unit (Nm, a Joule).
- Define power in relation to work.
- What is the unit for power?
- What is the relationship between power and energy?