Engineering Studies – P3 Braking Systems – Materials and Manufacturing
This topic investigates the definition, structure and applications of carbon steel. The effect that steel phases have on the properties are outlined.
- Carbon steel definition
- Carbon steel structure
- Carbon steel applications
- What is the normal range of carbon in plain carbon steels?
- As the carbon content increases from 0 to 4.3%, how does steels;
- tensile strength change?
- ductility change?
- What range of carbon steels are heat treatable?
- Describe these steel phases: