Engineering Studies – P4 Biomedical Engineering – Materials and Manufacturing
This topic introduces manufacturing methods used to shape polymer material and the ways that polymers can be joined.
- Methods of shaping polymer materials
- Methods of joining polymers
- Why is the process used to shape a polymer dependent on the type of polymer?
- List ways to shape thermosetting polymers.
- List ways to join thermosetting polymers.
- List ways to shape thermosoftening polymers.
- List ways to join thermosoftening polymers.
- Describe examples of a biomedical application for a polymer that has significantly improved the performance of the item.
- What would be a notable difference between a microstructure drawing of a thermosetting polymer compared to the microstructure drawing of a thermosoftening polymer?