Engineering Studies – H1 Civil Engineering – Materials and Manufacturing
This topic investigates factors that result in stress fractures and how these forces propagate cracks in structures. Methods of reducing stress and crack elimination are key concepts of this topic.
- Understanding how materials crack
- Cracking types such as:
- Ductile fracture
- Brittle fracture
- Fatigue failure
- Fracture mechanics
- Crack elimination
- Why is material crack analysis relevant?
- Describe ways that crack propagation is investigated.
- Describe methods to eliminate cracking.
- Identify crack failure types such as:
- Brittle material failure
- Ductile material failure
- Define fatigue cracking and failure.