This topic investigates various composite material including laminates, asphalt, geotextiles and concrete. Applications of each material and advantages of composite material are discussed. Concrete structures are a key concept of this topic.
- Laminates, structures and applications
- Asphalt, ingredients and applications
- Geotextiles, structures and applications
- Concrete, structures and applications
- Concrete testing methods.
- Describe and define a timber laminate.
- Explain the advantages of timber laminates for structural applications.
- Describe and define asphalt.
- Explain the advantages of asphalt as a surface layer.
- Describe and define geotextile.
- Explain the advantages of geotextile in a structure.
- Define concrete.
- Explain the advantages of concrete as a structural component.
- Describe methods of reinforcing concrete.
- Define the term post-tensioned concrete.
- Define the term pre-tensioned concrete.
- Describe methods of testing concrete.