Engineering Studies – H2 Transport Engineering – Mechanical Analysis
This topic revisits the topic of work, power and energy. Concepts such as kinetic energy and potential energy are covered including basic calculations. The principle of ‘conservation of energy’ is a key concept.
- Work – definition, units
- Power – definition, units
- Energy – definition, units, potential energy, kinetic energy, conservation of energy principle
- Define work.
- What is the unit for work?
- Explain the concept that without movement, no work is done.
- Define energy.
- What is the unit for energy?
- What is kinetic energy?
- What is potential energy?
- Explain the concept of ‘conservation of energy’.
- Explain why energy, a scalar quantity, has the same unit as work, the Newton metre (Nm).
- Define power in relation to work.
- What is the unit for power?
- What is the relationship between power and energy?