Engineering Studies – H3 Aeronautical Engineering – The Engineering Profession
This topic introduces the nature and range of work of an aeronautical engineer. Methods of research, documentation and communication are outlined. The importance of the engineering design process and teamwork are key concepts of this topic.
- The nature and range of work of an aeronautical engineer
- Engineering research, documentation and communication
- Emerging trends in the aeronautical engineering profession
- The engineering design process
- Teamwork in engineering
- What are the roles of an aeronautical engineer before, during and after a project?
- Discuss how engineers might collect data for a project.
- Describe how engineers use the design process to develop engineering solutions.
- Discuss examples that highlight why teamwork is important in engineering.