Engineering Studies – H3 Aeronautical Engineering – Materials and Manufacturing
This topic describes methods used in the aeronautical industry to join aircraft components and structures.
- Welding concepts – parent metal and structure effects
- Adhesives – anaerobic glues, epoxy glues, polyester glues
- Discuss why welding of materials is used in many engineering applications.
- Describe potential issues with the welding of materials.
- Describe the process of welding mild steel sheets together and the macro structure of the grains after welding.
- Describe advantages and disadvantages of adhesives used for aircraft applications.
- Name and explain the application of two aircraft adhesives.