Engineering Studies – H4 Telecommunication Engineering – Materials and Manufacturing
This topic investigates specialised testing using electrical instruments. The purpose of instruments such as multimeters and oscilloscopes are key concepts. Methods of measuring electrical properties such as voltage, current, insulation and resistance are covered.
- Instruments for measuring telecommunication data such as the Oscilloscope
- Instruments for measuring electrical current and circuit values such as the multimeter
- What would a continuity tester identify?
- Explain the process of using a multimeter to measure voltage in a simple electrical circuit.
- Explain the process of using a multimeter to measure current in a simple electrical circuit.
- Name features or values that are commonly measured using an oscilloscope.
- What factor does an oscilloscope add to a reading that a multimeter does not.