Engineering Studies – H4 Telecommunication Engineering – Electricity
This topic describes transmission of data using guided media such as wire, cable and glass fibre. Advantages, disadvantages and applications are key concepts of this topic.
- Cables / fibres / waveguides
- Hardwired networks
- What are three technical features used to compare transmission medium options?
- Describe the advantages of a twisted pair cable.
- Describe the advantages of a coaxial cable.
- Describe the advantages of a glass fibre cable.
- Describe a common hardwired connection system.
- What is a wave guide?