Engineering Studies – H4 Telecommunication Engineering – Electricity
This topic describes transmission of data using unguided media such as via the atmosphere and space. Advantages, disadvantages and applications are key concepts of this topic.
- Radio communication
- Microwave communication
- Satellite communication
- Infrared communication
- Name several types of wireless networks.
- Explain the characteristics such as frequency, range and direction.
- Name examples of broadcasting a signal.
- Identify one broadcast that has a very directional signal.
- Define the term antenna.
- What communication typically uses microwaves?
- Discuss why there are various satellite orbit types.
- What application typically uses infrared waves?
- Explain what service features of a communication link would be considered when determining the ‘best’ signal system to use.