Engineering Studies – H2 Transport Engineering – Electricity
This topic covers electrical generation methods, there characteristics and applications.
- Electrical safety
- Methods of generating electricity
- Advantages and disadvantages of each method
- Electrical distribution grids
- What is the concept that links electrical generators and electric motors regarding electric current and magnetic fields?
- Name various methods of generating electricity.
- Discuss the advantages of the various methods?
- Describe the method of distributing electricity from the power station to the consumer.
- Why is high voltage used to distribute electricity?
- If transmission of electricity is efficient at high voltage, why are various voltages used for transmission in the grid?
- What is the function of a sub-station in the power grid?
- Why are AC and DC currents selected for applications?
- Describe how an AC current can be converted to a DC current?
- How is electricity measured? What are the units of measurement?